When it comes to choosing an invoice creator, the problem isn’t finding one, it’s actually weeding through all of the options. There are currently over 3,700 invoice processing applications, some of them paid solutions but many of them are available for businesses to use for free.
Find out some of the best free options on the market so you can start creating and sending your invoices with ease.
PayPal is already a big name in the world of online payment processing so it makes perfect sense that it would have a tool in place to create a commercial invoice. Any user can create and send invoices in minutes on any device, including a mobile one and your clients will be able to pay with or without a PayPal account.
Here are some of the key features of using PayPal as an invoice creator:
- Save online invoice templates for quick entry
- Send automated payment reminders
- Customize invoices with your contact information and logo
- Track status and enable recurring payments
- Issue refunds on the go
Small business owners that need to send invoices frequently should check out Invoice Zintego. It can set up automatic payments for recurring customers and accommodate bulk invoicing. Users on the free plan can manage unlimited invoices and up to 100 clients.
The top features of this invoice creator include:
- Supports multiple currencies and languages
- Accepts PayPal, credit cards, Bitcoin, and automated clearing house
- Create one-click invoices to send to clients
- Client portal available to your customers to view invoices and make payments
- Time tracker included
If you’re looking for a free invoice maker that also accepts point-of-sale purchases and online payments, look no further than Square. It works with most eCommerce platforms and the free mobile app allows you to track the status of all your invoices. Some of the main features to consider before using Square as an invoice app include:
- Send unlimited estimates and invoices for free
- Automatic payment reminders
- Set up recurring invoices or schedule future invoices to be sent
- Pay for processing only when you accept credit or debit card payments
- Customize invoices with a logo, colors, and custom messages
There are many design applications that you might already be using that allow you to create invoices and client estimates for free. You will likely get a template or sample invoice to customize where you can add detailed outlines of the services and goods provided along with the requested payment and method.
Design editors are great if you want to add a bit more creativity to your invoice or are just looking for something that already looks great.
Find the Best Invoice Creator For Your Business
Just like no two businesses are alike, there’s no one best invoice app that can suit all types of business needs. The best thing about using a free invoice maker is that you can test out what works well for you. Even if it’s just creating a sample invoice to see if it’s a good fit.
If you’re still looking for a great invoice creator that works well for your business, head to our business and finance section for more options.